Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $102,700 - $154,800. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is not a remote position.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end-of-year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had? At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around community, constant innovation, and customer commitment. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a sense of mission, is personally rewarded, and professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company, founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Bluestaq was recently recognized as a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Last year, Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year, named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year, recognized as a 2020 and 2019 Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs by the Colorado Springs Gazette, and acknowledged on three 2020 and 2021 Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado.
Looking for amazing quality of life? In 2019, Colorado Springs scored a “Perfect 10” for “desirability” by US News & World Report.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Cost of living - below the national average
- Lifestyle Amenities – coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature – more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather – Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laid back atmosphere – an accessible alternative to the faced-paced Denver lifestyle
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Software Engineer 3 at Bluestaq, you are a software professional with hands-on technical expertise. The ideal candidate is a motivated software engineer with a strong understanding of core engineering concepts and is focused on growing as an engineer. As a Bluestaq Software Engineer 3 you have demonstrated experience in writing consistently high-quality code using industry best practices. You enjoy a complex user story and tackle sub-tasks with very little oversight.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years of software development or programming experience with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Professional experience with Java or Python, or other programming languages.
- Experience with Java build systems (Maven, Gradle).
- Experience with applied security concepts (authentication, authorization, protocols).
- Strong experience both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Hands-on experience working with big data technologies.
- Comfortable with multi-threading, event-based software architectures, queue technologies (e.g., Kafka) and asynchronous event handling.
- Significant hands-on experience and fluency in data storage solutions (RDS, Document stores, graph store, Hadoop) and an understanding of when to use them.
- Familiarity with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
- Debugs complex problems across the stack
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to apply software skills and knowledge to approach new problems in creative ways.
- Ability to communicate scope and state of work, identifying issues, and anticipating roadblocks that may arise.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development, has a growth mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
- DoD Security+ or CISSP training certification.
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
How to Apply: Please visit https://bluestaqllc.formstack.com/forms/jobapplication to apply for this position.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected]