The need for mental health support has never been more acute yet frustrations abound for individuals unable to access care. With our recent successful Series B round of funding (https://tcrn.ch/3bXyvQW), our rapidly growing team is more prepared than ever to redesign behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you!
About this Role
As a Software Development Test Engineer, you will have a passion for contributing to testing frameworks and test suites to continuously improve quality, reduce cycle time, and bake efficiency into our development and testing processes. You will be an integral full-stack QA member of a dedicated full stack agile delivery team and interact daily with development team members and other QA/SDETs in other teams to think outside of the box and share cross-functional knowledge. This position will also work closely with Product and Support teams to consistently advocate for end-users by ensuring the SonderMind platform is stable and meets the functional requirements. You strive for quality releases and exceeding customer expectations.
- Within one week, quickly integrates into the team and becomes familiar with tools, process, and culture of existing software development and testing life cycles. Starts to test while leveraging existing scripts and starts to leave things in a better place that they found them.
- Within two weeks,creates bugs complete with recreation steps, error messages, and test account data and then subsequently re-test fixes.
- Within four weeks, champions quality on your team while documenting system functionality within living, reusable test cases and contributes to test automation suites.
- Within six weeks, is a resident subject matter expert on software functionality product area focus and how to test said functionality. Can demonstrate an understanding of system dependencies, and continually optimizes testing efforts to improve quality, find efficiencies and reduce testing cost. Can cultivate and disseminate commonly used QA best practices and procedures.
- 5+ years of software test development, in addition to other test automation or other related experience
- Self-starter with a high level of accountability
- Ability to create and maintain advanced suites of automated scripts for the full stack
- Testing experience in cross-browser, different desktop and mobile operating systems
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing automation to create modular test scripts for reuse
- Can accurately track, report on, and effectively communicate progress and execution results, as well as clearly articulate complex issues and ideas
- Collaborates as a team player to own, improve, and actively participate in the evolution of testing strategies as SonderMind continues to grow
- Experience with the following:
- Unix command line and SQL
- Continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins
- Source control, especially Git
- Working in an agile development environment
- Test case management systems such as TestRail
- Testing and automating RESTful API service calls via tools such as Postman, SOAPUI, or similar
- Load & Performance Test Engineering
- Experience testing and automation RESTful APIs
Nice to Have:
- Experience with configuring build tools, CI/CD pipelines
- Coding or working familiarity with any of the following technologies:
- AWS Deployment
- Unit testing RSpec, Jasmine or similar experience
- Ruby on Rails
How to Apply:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career experience and goals.
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 & 2020 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums.Mental health copays are covered at 100% for most health plans. 401k matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.