Software Development Test Engineer (SDET) at SonderMind
The need for mental health support has never been more acute yet frustrations abound for individuals unable to access care. With our recent successful Series B round of funding (https://tcrn.ch/3bXyvQW), our rapidly growing team is more prepared than ever to redesign behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you!
About this Role
- Within 3 weeks: Quickly integrates into the team and becomes familiar with tools, process, and culture of existing software development and testing life cycles. Tests while leveraging existing scripts and adds to and/or makes recommendations for improvement.
- Within 6 weeks: Start build and implementation of go-forward test automation framework(s).
- Within 12 weeks: Well versed in our go-forward automated testing strategy. Fully understands system architecture, business functionality and technical dependencies. The test automation framework is stable, reusable, and positively growing code coverage.
- 2+ years of software test development, in addition to other test automation or other related experience
- Ability to lead creation and maintenance of advanced suites of automated scripts for the full stack
- Demonstrated experience in designing automation creating modular test scripts for reuse
- Experience with the following:
- Unix command line and SQL
- Continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins
- Source control, especially Git
- Working in an agile development environment
- Test case management systems, including creating integrations with one
- Testing and automating RESTful API service calls via tools such as Postman, SOAPUI, or similar
- Load & Performance Test Engineering
- Experience in communicating quality reporting and metrics of test execution results, including use in visibility dashboards
- Experience with configuring build tools, CI/CD pipelines
- Coding or working familiarity with any of the following technologies:
- AWS Deployment
- Unit testing RSpec, Jasmine or similar experience
- Ruby on Rails
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums. FREE RTD EcoPass. 401K matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
How to Apply:
- Why do you want to work for a startup?
- Tell us a story. Provide an example of how you have built a testing automation framework to foster and enable a testing/QA culture in support of CI/CD processes at a past technology employer
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.