Software Development Team Lead at Xero
What you’ll do
- Guide products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, promoting and tailoring our platform so that it makes Accountants and Bookkeepers more effective.
- Design and architect highly scalable software
- Ensure continuous delivery of value and learning
- Continuously improve your team and engineering practices
- Plan the engineering workforce and workload
- Manage performance and salary reviews
- Coach and guide your team for personal growth
- Lift your team engagement and satisfaction
- Establish a feedback culture in your team
Success looks like
- Develop a high-performance and cross-functional team
- Code is delivered on time and deployed via continuous delivery
- Contribute towards a culture that recognizes and praises individual efforts and team successes
- Contribute to specifications, user stories, and design of new or improved features, working with Product Owners, Designers, and Architects.
- Effective relationships with primary and tertiary product and technology teams
- Ability to lead and work as part of a cross-functional team
- Has initiative and a passion for going the extra mile
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Can manage sensitive people matters with discretion and professionalism
- Passionate about helping people reach their full potential
- Play an active role collaborating with other groups at Xero including, Architecture and Leadership, to ensure knowledge, engineering practices and patterns are shared
- People management/mentoring experience is required
- Experience using AWS Toolchain or other cloud providers.
- Continuous deployment tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus, CodeDeploy.
- Ability to write robust, maintainable applications.
- Ability to build and work with distributed, high-volume backend services.
- Have a great understanding of system design, data structures, object-oriented programming and software engineering principles.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues.