Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
Xero’s accounting and bookkeeping partners are a hugely important part of our business. At the heart of each accounting practice is the systems that support and drive making the practice’s clients successful through efficient and effective tax and financial compliance.As the Team Lead, you will be managing a team of engineers based in Denver that creates value for our partners by building and enhancing the tools that make the magic happen. You will provide oversight and drive the success of our Workpapers product, ensuring the right things are built at the right time and through doing so you’ll contribute to Xero achieving its goals.
What you’ll do
- Guide products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, promoting and tailoring our platform so that it makes Accountants and Bookkeepers more effective.
- Design and architect highly scalable software
- Ensure continuous delivery of value and learning
- Continuously improve your team and engineering practices
- Plan the engineering workforce and workload
- Manage performance and salary reviews
- Coach and guide your team for personal growth
- Lift your team engagement and satisfaction
- Establish a feedback culture in your team
Success looks like
- Develop a high-performance and cross-functional team
- Code is delivered on time and deployed via continuous delivery
- Contribute towards a culture that recognizes and praises individual efforts and team successes
- Contribute to specifications, user stories, and design of new or improved features, working with Product Owners, Designers, and Architects.
- Effective relationships with primary and tertiary product and technology teams
- Ability to lead and work as part of a cross-functional team
- Has initiative and a passion for going the extra mile
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Can manage sensitive people matters with discretion and professionalism
- Passionate about helping people reach their full potential
- Play an active role collaborating with other groups at Xero including, Architecture and Leadership, to ensure knowledge, engineering practices and patterns are shared
- People management/mentoring experience is required
- Experience using AWS Toolchain or other cloud providers.
- Continuous deployment tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus, CodeDeploy.
- Ability to write robust, maintainable applications.
- Ability to build and work with distributed, high-volume backend services.
- Have a great understanding of system design, data structures, object-oriented programming and software engineering principles.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.