Software Development Manger - Motion Planning at CANVAS Technology
Recently acquired by Amazon Robotics, Canvas Technology is using spatial AI to provide end-to-end autonomous delivery of goods. By using state-of-the-art cameras and other sensors, the system perceives its surroundings with unrivaled vision and fidelity. The system combines a mix of high-performance sensors with simultaneous localization and mapping software that builds and continuously updates maps in real-time, completely automatically. It has the capability to ‘see’ and identify different objects, people, vehicles, and places as it moves and react to moving people and vehicles in an intelligent way.
We are seeking candidates to help guide and lead our team of motion planning experts. In this role, you will be expected to help define a team direction for robot planning algorithms, object avoidance and congestion management strategies. This will include providing guidance on good software development, quality, and validation. This is not solely a management role, you will be directly contributing to the implementation while you lead.
You will be an integral part of the core robotics team and work with others to implement robot motion planning systems above and beyond the current state-of-the-art in the field.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, similar degree, or equivalent practical experience.
· Strong proficiency in the C++ programming language.
· 5+ years of commercial or open source C++ coding experience.
· Previous experience mentoring or leading a strong technical team.
· Prior robotics motion planning, navigation and/or congestion management experience.
· MS/PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field.
· Proven experience producing computationally efficient software to meet real-time requirements.
· A solid understanding of the latest robot planning and coordination research.
· Experience implementing efficient, modern planning algorithms.
· Exposure to low level feedback and control systems.
#canvas #canvastech #canvastechnology