Software Development Manager- SEO/SEM at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Software Development Manager (SEO/SEM) with leadership, delivery, and design experience to lead one of our software development teams and work together to build something better.
If the following sounds like you or who you’d love to be, then we should talk!
As an SDM, you will be responsible for:
- Building a robust and innovative team of software development engineers – growing people as you grow our business and technology
- Helping us establish a diverse and inclusive organization based upon safety and contribution while supporting your peers and the teams they support
- Fostering a positive, supportive, and fun work environment while providing opportunity for team members to try new roles and take on new responsibilities
- Delivering products that help service professionals do the work they love and that help homeowners save time while owning your team’s code and deliverables beyond their deployment
- Owning the of ins and outs of a system that is constantly learning, growing, and evolving while ensuring the quality of our products and the business continuity of our systems
- Learning about new ways to build amazing software, systems and people by actively participating in a culture of Collaboration, Innovation, Delivery and Caring
- Growing as a leader and a technologist through coaching and feedback from your leaders and peers while helping us re-imagine and improve our culture, our practices, and our future
- Partnering with passionate Product, QA and UX counterparts to deliver awesomeness and continuously evaluate the best way to deliver short-term and long-term solutions
- Discovering new ways to make life easier for your team and our customers
- Mentoring growing juniors, curious peers and engaged leaders
The folks in this role are usually successful when they are:
- Applying an MVP mindset to solving problems and negotiating deliverables
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Coaching teammates in both technology and culture from a position of experience
- Diving into a tough problem with confidence and a collaborative attitude
- Learning from, teaching, and making smart compromises with business and tech owners to find the right solution for the business
- Open to coaching and possessing a desire for personal and professional growth
What is different about this role?
- Hyper focused on optimizing for increasing traffic conversion
- Investigate, trial and build (or use) a scalable framework to increase the velocity of delivered tests to production
- Understand the nuances of SEO is absolutely critical. SEO is a black box that constantly changing, and this role is responsible for over 30 million monthly visits.
- Be a technical bridge between Marketing and SEO teams to understand how paid search interacts with product delivery and offer technical guidance on how to deliver against our roadmap.
Great candidates for this role have a few years’ experience with a few of the following:
- Building People and Teams: Servant leadership, empowered teams, collaborative work practices
- Angular Universal, NuxtJS or any other Server-Side Rendering front end language.
- Presenting their ideas to internal and external audiences
- Test Driven Development: AAA Unit test, BDD Requirements, System Verification
- Delivering: CI/CD, Multiple Environments, Agile, Lean, or Kanban
- Microservices: Hybrid Monolith, Isolated Services, Disparate Data Sources
- Distributed Systems: Design, Caching, CQRS, Message Driven, large-scale processing
- Cloud-Based Systems: Hybrid On-Prem, Lambdas, Elastic Scaling, Resiliency
- Designing new systems: From scratch, adapting legacy, design thinking
- Design Patterns: Gang of Four, Async, Distributed, Responsive Services
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, combined in 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 11 brands in eight countries.
HomeAdvisor has been named a Denver Post Top Workplace for 6 years running: 2013-2018. We're known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Our brand-new Headquarters opened in early 2019 in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, with plenty of space for balancing hard work and fun.
To continue the conversation, please submit a resume, and our team will follow up shortly. If you have questions prior to applying, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our online chats: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us. Please note that this is time for you to ask questions and learn about us – it’s not an interview!
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.