Software Development Engineer
Please review the job details below.
The GBDX Core team builds and operates the underlying services that make up the GBDX Platform & ecosystem that supports a host of geospatial and machine learning software solutions. The services we build & deploy are highly robust & scalable, manipulate petabytes of satellite imagery, and enable 3rd party developers to build & deploy algorithms on our platform. The system is built on Amazon Web Services and we focus on ease-of-use, simplicity, and execution.
We are looking for a motivated & skilled individual to join the GBDX Core team as a mid to senior level application developer and software engineer.
- 3+ years of web application development with focus on consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Enthusiastically wants to own the full life cycle of software systems from design, development, deployment, to support and maintenance
- History of working in fast-paced agile software development teams
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Capable of integrating with geospatial data and applications
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- Containerization and Docker
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, Lambdas, S3, and RDS
- Web application frameworks like Flask or CherryPy
- Understanding of data structures, data storage and analysis, SQL experience a plus.
- Able to construct scalable & reliable systems
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.