Software Development Engineer at DigitalGlobe (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Please review the job details below.
The Software Development Engineer is responsible for designing, building, deploying and operating our highly robust & massively scaled Geospatial Big Data Platform, aka GBDX.
About the Company:
DigitalGlobe is the world’s leading provider of commercial high-resolution Earth imagery, data and analysis. Our Geospatial Big Data Platform (GBDX) enables imagery intelligence at scale, giving our customers the information they need to make critical decisions. Unmatched imagery quality, global coverage, and actionable analytics make us a trusted partner worldwide. The GBDX mission is to take our entire 100 petabyte, 17-year archive of satellite imagery, and make it available through the cloud for real-time scalable discovery, access, and compute. This new ecosystem is where data science meets computer vision, image mining, and geospatial analysis in order to answer intelligence questions on a global scale.
About the team:
The GBDX Core team builds and operates the underlying services that make up the GBDX Platform & ecosystem that supports a host of geospatial and machine learning software solutions. The services we build & deploy are highly robust & scalable, manipulate petabytes of satellite imagery, and enable 3rd party developers to build & deploy algorithms on our platform. The system is built on Amazon Web Services and we focus on ease-of-use, simplicity, and execution.
We are looking for a motivated & skilled individual to join the GBDX Core team as a mid to senior level application developer and software engineer.
- 3+ years of web application development with focus on consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Enthusiastically wants to own the full life cycle of software systems from design, development, deployment, to support and maintenance
- History of working in fast-paced agile software development teams
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Capable of integrating with geospatial data and applications
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- Containerization and Docker
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, Lambdas, S3, and RDS
- Web application frameworks like Flask or CherryPy
- Understanding of data structures, data storage and analysis, SQL experience a plus.
- Able to construct scalable & reliable systems
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.