Software Development Engineer in Test (Software Engineer Senior) at FIS
About the team:
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be Doing:
- Provide quality management leadership across large scale, complex, financial solutions in a client-facing role
- Understand the technology solution and the quality scope to be designed and implemented
- Determines appropriate quality processes, methodology, techniques (including test tools and test automation) to apply to the project
- Work collaboratively with client and internal teams to
- tailor standard quality processes to meet program requirements, and
- implement and manage tailored processes through completion of the project
- Develop the quality strategy, define the quality team structure, define testing requirements, and manage scope change impacts
- Must be able to create Quality roadmap and drive the plan for each project
- Develop detailed project work plans
- Monitor all quality-related activities throughout the life of a project
- Report quality progress, problem identification (including defects), and problem resolution statuses to project leadership and senior management
- Drive the resolution and communication of cross-application and organization quality issues
- Recommend or develop tools to improve quality programs and quality tracking
- Act as the primary point of contact for programs/projects for all quality related work streams (internal or external)
- Represent Quality Management at Governance Review Boards
- Contribute to the tactical and strategic planning for future quality programs
- Develop management reports (e.g. Test Execution and Defect Status Reports)
- Develop and educate others on Software Quality Assurance methodologies and leading practices
- Support the development and delivery of training in quality matters
- Support and assist with RFPs and proposals as a QM subject matter expert
- Leads and mentor's quality management team members
- Stays current with quality and process-related industry standards
- Other related duties assigned as needed
- The ability to provide project/program escalation on all quality related activities
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, quality management or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master's degree is a plus.
- 4-6 years experience with FIS Retirement Solutions
- Experience with various test management and defect tracking tools (Jira, Clearquest, etc.)
- Expert understanding of SDLC and Software Quality concepts and methodologies
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Understanding and experience in Test Automation tools
- Experience in creation and execution of Software Quality Plans, Test Plans, and Test Scripts
- In-depth knowledge and use of process improvement and quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software or business operations processes for which the quality program will be focused
- Working knowledge and qualification in company's standard processes and one or more best practice quality approaches (e.g., CMMI, ISO, six sigma, total quality measurement)
- Excellent organization, team-building, coaching and mentoring, project management and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry and related practice specialty
- Strong financial management and planning skills
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision-making processes and decisions related to job tasks
- Requires excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Proven success in building relationships
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Willing to travel 30% to 50% or as needed.
- Experience with FIS Omni suite of software preferred
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of QA Lead job:
- Recognized by peer group as a Quality Management Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Must have led or participated in the definition and implementation of consulting services for multiple projects
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.