Software Development Engineer in Test - (SDET)
Greater Denver Area
Establish Pie as the preeminent commercial insurance among small business owners by establishing a best in class quality automation process. You’ll be joining Pie at an exciting time as we were recently named to DC Inno’s 50 on Fire.
How You’ll Do It
As our second software engineer in quality, you’ll be an instrumental member of Pie’s growing Engineering team. You will own and build quality solutions to support our large-scale backend systems and microservices. You will use automation to consistently test code and get it ready for production. Cross-functional partnership will also be an instrumental in this position. You will work with various teams to understand testing requirements and then execute these tests using automation.
Pie is moving very fast, and we need someone who is willing to move with us. You will create/enhance a test automation framework and on a daily basis will utilize your critical thinking.
The Day to Day
· Create and enhance our current test automation framework in Selenium
· Test automation in RESTful API’s and a React.js frontend
· Work with various teams to provide a quality-on-demand solution.
· Manage various priorities and not be afraid when priorities change.
· Work fast, but have an attention to detail so key pieces are not missed
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to love what you do and have a passion for quality. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
Our team is looking for an experienced software engineer in quality. We expect you’ll have spent at least 5 years as a quality engineer, with a very strong OOD background. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work
The Right Stuff
- Adaptable: No other phrase describes a startup like chaotic change. You have to thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
- Required Experience: Heavy experience in software engineering / development in an object oriented environment.
- Tech Experience: 5+years’ experience as an engineer with a focus in quality/testing. You will need to have strong engineering experience and be able to produce production ready code.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred. Equivalent year of experience is accepted.
- Raise Our Game: Execute on your ideas and recommendations to position the team, and yourself, for exponential growth.
- Learning Mentality: Desire to quickly understand Pie’s platform, architecture, and integrations with 3rd party vendors.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description