Software Development Engineer- Test (SDET)
Software Development Engineer in Test
Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. We leverage the latest and greatest the industry has to offer to deliver some of the fastest and most utilized applications in the financial industry. We work closely in teams to promote an inclusive environment with tons of idea sharing.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
Our Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring the high quality of Markit Digital's software by verifying that software functionality conforms to business requirements, and communicating risks to the business.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will support the development, testing, and automation of a new UI platform designed to improve time-to-market and consistency across our entire company. You will be part of a highly skilled and versatile team working in a fast-paced environment. You will be involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation, and test execution. Your focus is developing code rather than fixing or finding bugs. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Setup test frameworks and help teams setup automation infrastructure
- Work with QA teams to create, maintain, and improve automated test suites for applications
- Work with developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
- Create, execute, and automate test scenarios from use cases for existing and new solutions
- Deliver quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Identify and implement ways to provide efficiencies to test cycles
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues
- Interact with team members to analyze complex projects and break them down into detailed and functional tasks
- Assist with the creation and analysis of test results
- Advocate for quality and the user experience
- Create test strategies in collaboration with the Agile team that consider all phases of testing, such as unit, integration, API, feature testing, design, accessibility, compatibility, performance and load, regression, etc.
- Own the continuous improvement of quality processes including, required documentation, testing processes, and the overall quality of the agile team's software.
- Proven experience designing and creating automation frameworks and test suites
- Experience with TestCafe or Selenium
- Experience writing test strategies and creating test cases
- Experience with at least one major UI framework (Svelte, Vue, React, Angular)
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience setting up, modifying, and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
- An understanding of Atomic design
- Experience with Nodejs
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with SonarQube
- Experience with Sentry.io
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with a high standard of quality
- The ability to quickly shift priorities and adapt to change
- Can-do attitude
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Where we're going
Hot on the heels of moving our service-oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we're rolling out new tools to our stack like Angular, React, and Vue. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).