Software Development Engineer in Test II at Sovrn
About the Team
As a member of the Data Delivery team, you will test the Data processing infrastructure that our data customers use daily for reporting and analytics. There is a plethora of data that sit in various places and leverage different technologies.
About the Job
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET) II, you will empower Sovrn's Data Delivery team to solve complex challenges for our data customers by championing testability, code health, infrastructure, performance, and monitoring. You'll own the quality of Sovrn's data infrastructure, and ensure it by working in the current architecture and implementing test automation, tooling, deployment, and measurement frameworks. You'll learn complex systems and leave no stone unturned. Mostly, you'll be someone that gets it done, no matter what, and that's something you'll take pride in.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the quality of Sovrn's data processing tech stack, and ensure that the implementation is accurate and performant.
- Work in and improve our automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Championing for quality and raising the visibility of quality within the team to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate a contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our data customers.
- Using your working knowledge of AWS technologies to make sure that our services are reliable and scalable.
You are very driven for success and are constantly asking what does this do. You are extremely detail oriented and learn from your mistakes. You hate siloing and frequently find yourself at someone else's desk asking questions or helping find solutions to a complex problem. You also have the thought process of, “If I have to do this more than once I’m going to automate it!”.
The successful candidate will have:
- Able to develop tests and testing infrastructure for a system that is intact and written in an object-oriented programming language - Java, Scala and Go Lang.
- Enthusiasm for developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to data processing and scheduled jobs.
- Prepared to demonstrate an opinion on when to apply software quality best practices and tooling.
- The drive to learn new technologies and strategies to keep your team on track. Learn like it’s your job.
- 2-3 years QA experience
- Go Lang experience
This position reports to: QA Manager
Location: Boulder, CO
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!