Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure - revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
As a Software Engineer on the Asynchronous Communications team, you will have opportunities to work across our stack, developing software ranging from Web Server to business application layer for our distributed, cloud-hosted backend.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement C/C++ features to improve the backend system.
- Use modern C++ 11/14/17 features to store and operate BigData database (We are using NoSQL database hbase). Volume of data decides that your business logic must be performant (handle millions of requests per second), scalable (zoom user space can increase 1000% quarter by quarter), and secure (zoom client communications are secure, no 3rd party can see the encrypted data except communicators).
- Be familiar with popular open source frameworks, such as GFlags, GLogger, and tools such as GDB, tcpdump to help you implement and troubleshoot issues during development and in production. Because of the service load, your service must be resource efficient (for example, write more efficient algorithms, use less memory and CPU).
- Designing and implementing web servers APIs (application programming interfaces). All our services are web based. You need to be familiar with REST (Representational state transfer) standard and design new API as demand.
- Implement an apache module to connect your web service handler to power apache web server to serve requests.
- Bringing up our web-based system on server platforms and work with DevOps to deploy your service to the Kubernetes cluster. You will need to package your service to a standard package with flexible configuration.
- Add rich stats in your code and work with DevOps to reflect the stats in the monitoring dashboard and set up alerts to trigger alarm for potential production issues.
Skills you have:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, ECE, EE, or BS in the same majors with at least 6 months industry experience.
- Solid computer background, took many educational courses such as operating system, compiler, database management, data structure, algorithm, software engineering.
- Proficient on C/C++, could write performant, robust applications.
- Linux development experience preferred.
- Familiar with HTTP protocol.
- Familiar with some script language, such as python, PHP, shell scripting, etc.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram