Software Developer in Test (SDET) at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sling TV is looking for software developers in test to support its products and services through agile software development in our exciting DISH Grand Central office.
You are experienced at…
- Developing innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Automation, Performance Engineering, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Service Virtualization, Shift Left, BDD, TDD, etc.
- Analyzing how systems are being tested manually and identifying opportunities to reduce that time and effort through Automation.
- Designing and creating robust automated test scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Maintaining, supporting and extending our existing in-house automation framework and automation suite.
- Collaborating with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Quality Engineering solutions into the SDLC (Agile preferred).
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest tools, technologies, trends, and approaches within the QE space and incorporating the ones that make sense.
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Participating in design and code reviews, refactor code as needed to meet evolving design standards, participate in or lead engineering process improvements.
- To work in fast paced, agile environments
- To deliver quality
- To automate/execute test scenarios all day, every day
- Social interaction and collaboration
- A Challenge
- An Adventure
- A place to grow as a technologist and have an impact on the company
Skills - Experience and Requirements
You will be successful in this role if you meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 4 years of diverse experience designing, developing, and implementing Test Automation solutions across a variety of platforms and applications.
- A strong passion for quality, high level of attention to detail, and the proven ability to solve complex technical challenges
- Extensive experience applying Quality Engineering techniques across the SDLC to improve the quality of systems and enable the ability to deliver quality at speed.
- Experience with configuring build tools, CI/CD pipeline is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience using Selenium/WebDriver/Grid/TestNG
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent.