Backbone is a product development platform that empowers brands to make products smarter, faster, and at scale. We believe the future of consumer brands is digital. We provide the platform that empowers brands to innovate, design and develop products at digital speed.
We’re looking for a talented software developer to help grow our product development team. As a member of a small team, you’ll get exposed to a lot - from front-end, back-end, databases, DevOps and both manual and automated QA.
The ideal candidate will have some full-stack development understanding, but expertise in back-end development. You understand the different moving parts and how they come together. You’re proud of production software projects you’ve worked on, and problems you’ve solved.
Backbone has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We have a fun and fast-growing team based out of Boulder, CO, and are looking for energetic and experienced team members to help us grow.
We hope you’ll join us!
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Experience being responsible for end to end delivery of a feature
- Effective at communicating engineering trade-offs to product owners and CS
- Mentoring experience is a plus
- Experience with backend architecture patterns such as caching, queues, etc.
- Early-Mid Stage start-up experience is a plus
What You’ll Do:
- Work on a team developing new features for our product
- Understand our product by listening to customer interviews and working with our product team - then help problem solve solutions
- Help scale the product, team, and company to the next level
Overlap in this stack is desired, but substitutions will be considered:
- AWS (Fargate, S3, Lambda, ALB, ECR, Cloudfront)
- CI/CD (We use CircleCI, alternatives are fine)
- Databases (We use MongoDB, PostgreSQL, alternatives are fine)
- Automated Testing - including unit and integration tests
- Familiarity with SPAs - Angular, Vue
- Telemetry (Logging and APM)
- Authentication (OAuth, Auth0, Sessions)
- Infrastructure as Code (We use Terraform, alternatives are fine)
- Modern API Development (REST, GraphQL)
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing venture-backed company and work alongside an incredible team of smart and supportive people. The chance to help shape the growth and development of the Backbone brand.
- Located in Downtown Boulder, CO - Will consider remote applicants but local to CO and/or willingness to relocate is a plus
- Full Time, with work-life balance - flex wfh days
- Compensation package commensurate with experience and expertise
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Subsidized Insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness reimbursement
- Transit benefits
- Stock options for all employees