Software Developer, Internal Tools at Caliper Foods
About Caliper Foods
Caliper Foods (caliperfoods.life), formerly Stillwater, is a consumer packaged goods company that offers safe and standardized hemp-derived soluble cannabinoids to both consumers and manufacturers alike.
Caliper Foods encompasses two distinct business lines: (1) Caliper Commercial Ingredients, which provides soluble CBD ingredients at scale to food, beverage, supplement, and other CPG manufacturers; and (2) Caliper Consumer, which sells its own line of CBD-infused products nationwide.
Caliper Foods was founded in 2015 on the belief that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, are a major new category in functional ingredients.
About the Job
We are looking for a Software Developer, Internal Tools to support our internal efforts as well as our external applications. As the Software Developer, Internal Tools you will support our mobile and web sites (50-75% time) and spend your remaining time building internal tools that the people you work with will use and appreciate every day. Your charge will be to talk with your fellow employees, learn about their work habits, identify automatable workflows, useful integrations, instrumentation gaps, and data bottlenecks, then build the tools we need to reduce friction and increase productivity.
We’re looking for someone who prefers simple and proven to shiny and new, who believes the best tool is the one you use. Experience working in a logistics or manufacturing environment is a plus. Experience or personal interest in product management is strongly preferred, as we will expect you to identify problem areas and develop product requirements on your own initiative. Those with an interest in systems thinking will find the work especially interesting, as the work will span everything from marketing to sales to manufacturing.
Our current workflow stack:
- G Suite, Google Apps Script, Airtable, MongoDb (hosted on mLab and Atlas), Copper, DEAR Inventory, METRC, WinCC, Wordpress, Woocommerce.
- Note that we are a G Suite company and have built a number of automated operations on the Google Apps Script platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build software to help employees find the information they need to make good decisions, and automate routine tasks to increase productivity and reduce avoidable errors.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through our overall workflow to prioritize how we approach problems to the pixel-level details of our solutions.
- Uphold our high physical engineering standards in our digital environments. We value consistency and stability above all else, and we need someone who can push those characteristics to our codebase.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to understand their requirements and pain points and develop tools to make them more effective.
- Understand, create, manipulate and query databases.
- Ensure responsiveness of web applications.
- Develop back end website applications including implementation, testing and management of advertiser pixels.
- Integrate various external APIs with our internal tools.
What we’ll love about you:
- Consider yourself a programming generalist who enjoys making things in the physical world.
- Spend your spare time programming Arduino boards.
- Read feature announcements and API docs with the enthusiasm of a kid reading Harry Potter.
- Read Harry Potter with the enthusiasm of a kid reading Harry Potter.
- Think in terms of systems and simplicity.
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences.
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design.
- Believe that perfect is the enemy of good, and act accordingly.
- Possess an authentic love of dogs and Pitch Perfect.
What you’ll love about us:
- A fast-growing company with a deep belief in the value of developing talent internally from within
- A group of sane, mostly rational executives who try their best to be decent human beings
- An environment where fire drills are the exception, not the norm
- Flexible PTO for all full-time employees
- Competitive salaries for all roles. For salaried employees, we also cover 100% of your healthcare premium
- For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
- At least a 4 year degree (BS/BA) is required, preferably in Computer Science or related
- 2+ years of development experience
- Experience with a start-up company is preferred
- Experience with our current workflow stack
- Strong communication skills and able to build relationships
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Be a self driven learned with strong problem solving skills