AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of AI, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We have already deployed our technology across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase the efficiency of recycling operations.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Software Controls Engineer reporting to the Process Optimization Sr. Manager to help build the next generation of recycling sorting facilities. This position will be working heavily on the installation, configuration, and maintenance of operations technologies.
As a Software Controls Engineer contributing to our process optimization team, you will work to:
- Fundamentally reshape the economics of recycling by making it cheaper, safer, with enhanced quality output
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Build a cohesive and effective control and monitoring system for large scale industrial systems, including integrations with:
- AMP Robotics' sorting systems and AI cameras
- Industrial recycling equipment: shredders, conveyors, balers, etc.
- Safety systems, maintenance management systems, and PLC’s.
- Databases, cloud infrastructure, and monitoring tools
- Improve and maintain the quality of our software:
- Writing functional, integration, and unit tests
- Performing code reviews and architecture reviews
- Build a culture of quality within the team
- Use data driven approaches to drive optimization of AMP's systems and facilities
- Grow as an engineer through giving and receiving mentorship, shaping team culture, and actively acquiring new skills
A successful candidate will have:
- Proven ability to create high quality software
- Experience working within industrial operations
- 3+ years working on a software development team
- Ability to quickly learn and acquire new skills
- Familiarity with industrial control systems, safety systems, and high power electronics
- Experience with operations technology, manufacturing execution systems, or similar
- Experience working with remotely deployed systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
- 30% travel at minimum
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $90-110K
Full-Time / Salaried Employees
- Medical - The company covers up to 85% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Group Life, AD&D – 100% paid.
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid.
- Dental Insurance – 75% paid.
- Vision Insurance* - 75% paid.
- Employee Assistance Program - Provided through Cigna.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.
- 401(k) retirement plan - (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.