Software Architecture Engineering Manager
Ibotta is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our Architecture team, whose mission is to provide the standards, best practices, and guidance necessary to build cohesive, world class mobile apps, event-driven microservices, and data platforms that help Ibotta reach its goals. We’re looking for a manager that is inspired by the challenge of scaling both Ibotta’s people as well as its technology, which provides rewarding experiences to millions of customers.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Lead the software architecture RFC (request for comment) process, through which standards and best practices are established.
- Foster a positive engineering culture in line with Ibotta’s values.
- Evangelize an architectural vision that will serve the company for the next 7-10 years.
- Provide technical training to the department where needed for a successful migration into the new architecture.
- Work with Technology (Product, Analytics, and Engineering) leadership to prioritize architectural initiatives.
- Ensure your team has the people needed to be successful.
- Support timely delivery of engineering solutions to deliver business needs, while providing a transparent view to progress.
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers.
- Be a reliable decision maker.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, or 2+ years of proven tech leadership experience with the eagerness to take on more in the realm of team building.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Understands and has practiced agile software development and management.
- Has had exposure to multiple languages and frameworks as either an engineer or manager.
- Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise.
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment while encompassing our core values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency, and A good idea can come from anywhere.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication.
- Has worked with cloud-based data architectures and platforms (AWS preferred).
- Experience with event-driven architectures and platforms (e.g. Kafka) is a strong plus.
- Understanding native mobile app development is a great extra!
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.