Software Architect at Alteryx
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for an experienced Software Architect to join our high-performing team. This role will report to our Head of Architecture as part of our Cloud Engineering organization. As a Software Architect, you will become a hands-on leader in shaping the technical direction of our go-to-market cloud products. An ideal candidate will have built and scaled several different types of Cloud/SaaS platforms. The best candidates will bring a very iterative and resourceful mindset to the table.
- Be a technical leader for the Alteryx Cloud Platform and Platform based products
- Participate in, and aid in the adoption of, the development and implementation of the architecture governance model/framework (e.g., architecture review board, reference architecture(s), standards/policies)
- Provide feedback, coaching, mentoring for fellow engineers
- Make sustainable technical and architectural decisions for your team(s) and products all the while ensuring high levels of quality
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering Leadership on the product roadmap while owning the technical portion of it
- Leverage feedback loops to continually iterate and improve on your team's outputs over time
- Navigate the ambiguity that is iterative product development
- 10+ year web application/infrastructure experience
- Expert level knowledge of relevant architecture/design principles and patterns (e.g., micro-services, domain driven design)
- Experience in a distributed and/or asynchronous job/streaming platforms such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing and shipping cloud-based products to market as well as continued maintenance and support (full SDLC)
- Experience in mentoring and growing the skills of other engineers on the team
- Architectural knowledge in building and scaling horizontal and vertical platforms
- Strong experience in cloud, Docker & Kubernetes based infrastructure and architecture
- Demonstrable experience delivering cloud-native capabilities on AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Experience in both Multi and Single tenant deployments
- Open-source contribution history
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Irvine is $145,300 - $254,300. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.