Software Architect at Alteryx
About Alteryx Machine Learning Organization
The Alteryx Machine Learning (AML) organization, Alteryx's first office presence in the Boston area, grew out of the acquisition of the MIT-spinoff Feature Labs. This rapidly growing organization combines the excitement of being part of a fast-paced, innovative startup with the resources, market penetration, and wisdom of a data analytics market leader. Our goal is to turbo-charge machine learning and data science efforts on the Alteryx platform, and to enable anyone to solve dynamic problems. We recently launched our first product in this area, Alteryx Machine Learning, to do just that. We are working on high-impact, high-visibility projects, and we're looking for collaborative and knowledge-hungry teammates who want to join us as we work to democratize machine learning.
As a Software Architect you will become a hands-on leader in shaping the technical direction of the Alteryx Machine Learning product, architecture, and teams. The teams are a mix of product engineering, DevOps, and ML engineering all working together to build the best possible Auto ML product on the market. An ideal candidate will have built and scaled several different types of SaaS platforms, ideally in Scala and/or Python on top of Kubernetes or the like. We are a startup-oriented organization, and the best candidates will bring a very iterative and resourceful mindset to the table.
- Become the technical leader for the Alteryx Machine Learning product
- Provide feedback, coaching, mentoring for fellow engineers
- Make sustainable technical and architectural decisions for your team(s) and products all the while ensuring high levels of quality
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering Leadership on the product roadmap while owning the technical portion of it
- Leverage feedback loops to continually iterate and improve on your team's outputs over time
- Navigate the ambiguity that is iterative product development
- 10+ year web application/infrastructure experience, ideally in Scala or Python
- Experience in a distributed and/or asynchronous job/streaming platforms such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, or Kinesis
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing and shipping cloud-based products to market as well as continued maintenance and support (full SDLC)
- Experience in mentoring and growing the skills of other engineers on the team
- Architectural knowledge in building and scaling horizontal and vertical platforms
- Strong experience in cloud and docker based infrastructure and architecture
- Experience with Machine Learning and model management
- AKKA experience
- Experience in python based web frameworks and packaging
- Experience in both Multi and Single tenant deployments
- Startup experience
- React Experience
- Open source contribution history
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Boston is $158,500 - $277,400. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.