Software Architect (Remote) at Vertafore
$105,00 - $115,000 + VIP Bonus and $1,000 Signing Bonus
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solutions are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As an Architect on the Vertafore Distribution and Compliance Management architecture team, you will provide technical direction, development, and support for the organization's objectives. Our team fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, and commitment to success.
The position offers the opportunity to interact with and influence all levels of the organization; communicating in a voice each understands is critical. In this role, you will work with Development, Product Management, and stakeholders both internal and external to the organization to formulate, guide, and disseminate our technical vision.
As a hands-on architect, you will work with development teams to implement and design the next generation Platform for our products. You will provide technical leadership, active mentoring, technical decision-making, and development.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support for existing products and developing new products
- Coordinate with software development teams in designing and implementing pragmatic and best-fit solutions
- Mentor other software engineers
- Assist managers in analyzing project requirements and project design
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes ensuring highest quality product platform
- Troubleshoot code problems quickly and efficiently
- Assist in development, training, and creating architectural documents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Curious and avid learner
- Able to interact with stakeholders to gather insights and translate technical concepts
- Communicates clearly to explain and defend design decisions
- Self-motivated and an excellent problem-solver
- Driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Understanding of micro-service-based architectures and building performant, scalable, and durable solutions in cloud environments
- Proficient in NoSQL (e.g., Cassandra) and Relational Databases.
- Demonstrable interest in emerging / nascent technologies
- Highly proficient in communicating technical issues with developers, product owners, executives, and other stakeholders
- Able to express complex concepts in plain language for greater understanding across teams / departments
- Knowledge and interest in DevOps-oriented processes and toolsets
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Experience with event-driven architectures and messaging systems (e.g., Kafka)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code models (e.g., Chef or equivalent)
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing