Software Architect - Quality Engineering at NetApp
From the newest ideas in cluster computing to the latest web framework, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our business.
NetApp HCI is actively seeking a Software Architect to lead the HCI/SolidFire Quality Engineering team. As part of the quality engineering function, the focus of the group is on product quality, customer success, test automation development, regression test suites and time-to-market.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, able to work with large cross-functional teams, and driven to ensure delivery of high quality features.
- Lead the quality of systems or major subsystems - from participating in product design and building test strategies through implementation including test design, test automation, debugging, reliability, performance and scale.
- Review product design and provide feedback on areas that might cause quality issues or instability, devise test strategies to expose the product vulnerabilities.
- Take leadership role in developing effective test strategies for system level and cross-functional feature testing.
- Drive and develop automated test strategy for end-to-end customer solutions including scale and stress tests.
- Interface and work with customer facing support and maintenance teams to understand customer issues and help triage them.
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation to validate complex hybrid cloud infrastructure features.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering teams to develop automation processes and plans.
- Act as a technical advisor, mentor and resource to other quality engineers.
- Present quality initiatives to larger audiences.
- Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will positively contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Software test development experience with scripting, Python, Java, C
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The candidate should be self-driven, with a strong development and quality background
- Experience developing complex test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks
- Experience writing and executing complex system level test plans, test cases and test reports
- Experience with Linux is a must, any other OS is a plus
- Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical tasks
- Cloud, hybrid-cloud or cloud infrastructure experience
- Storage systems experience in either iSCSI or FC, working knowledge of networking
- Experience with vSphere platform and vCenter experience
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD is required
What You'll Love About Us
· Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
· Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
· Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
· Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
· Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
· Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now, more game-changing developments are in the pipeline, and behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!