Sitecore Developer at IHS Markit Digital
Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients. We leverage a combination of our mature .NET stack along with the latest and greatest the industry has to offer to deliver some of the fastest and most utilized applications in the financial industry. We work closely in teams to promote an inclusive environment where all ideas are welcome.
Markit Digital Developers use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our customers. With a dedication to continual improvement, our Development Team challenges themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. Our products benefit millions of users across the world and are designed from the ground up to deliver content efficiently and effectively. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology, and are committed to continually improving within this model.
Success in this particular role does require in-depth knowledge of the Sitecore CMS in order to maintain and enhance a collection of sites, as well as an expectation to help mentor and train other experienced Developers on Sitecore specifics. Long-term opportunities working with alternative technologies are expected.
Required Skills and Professional Experience
- 3+ years expertise and direct development experience with SiteCore CMS:
- Sitecore item tree: templates, sub-layouts, renderings
- Content editor, Experience editor
- Scheduled tasks, page synthesis
- Sitecore database-publishing / environment-promotion
- 3+ years experience developing web applications with:
- ASP.NET, C#, MVC
- Source control such as GIT or SVN
- Current Sitecore certification
- Sitecore personalization setup
- Sitecore configuration optimization
- SQL, Entity framework, Orchestrator pattern
- Experience with:
- Experience with a front-end rendering technology (React, Angular, Vue)
- API development and familiarity with REST design principles
- Experience developing large scale SAAS applications
About Markit Digital
Hot on the heels of moving our service oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we're rolling out new tools to our stack like Angular, React, and Vue. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.