Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineering Architect to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Collaborate with Application and Platform architects to establish technology standards, best practices, and patterns for the entire engineering organization.
- Architect a new DevOps framework to establish high-performance deployments into a distributed, multi-cloud, hybrid environment.
- Architect High Availability architecture to meet Service Level Agreement objectives.
- Identify opportunities to improve architecture/engineering practices.
- Mentor staff to replace manual processes with automation and develop Infrastructure as Code capabilities.
- Build new patterns, frameworks, and architecture in support of our journey from AWS to GCP
- Collaborate across all level of the organization to evangelize the SRE model and work with Application Architects to influence reliability design principles
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Minimum 7+ years of software engineering
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing scalable and distributed systems with expert knowledge of a scripting language such as Python/Ruby/Ansible in an AWS and or GCP environment
- Over 5+ years experience with Cloud Infrastructure development
- Over 5+ years experience in architecting and developing end-to-end cloud Infrastructure DevOps patterns
- Experience creating, communicating, and presenting technical content for large and diverse audiences, including CxOs
- Experience with Cloud Orchestration/Workflow automation and High Availability
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Git, CircleCI, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, or equivalents
- Experience architecting Kubernetes based solutions
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) develop/ test/ build/ deploy
- Expert knowledge in CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous delivery)
- Expertise with Version Control such as Git, SubVersion, etc.
- Experience with fault injection tools such as Chaos Monkey, Spinnaker, Gremlin, or equivalents.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and web services in production environments
- Working knowledge of Linux internals: Optimization and Performance Tuning
- Working knowledge in software and infrastructure security principles
- Experience with unit and integration testing using RSpec, JUnit, NUnit, Karma, Jasmine, or equivalents.
- Understanding of data privacy regulations and compliance frameworks such as ISO 270001 and SOC 2
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 400+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovated flexible time off
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink (when our offices reopen)
Salary Range: $140,000 to $165,000 (dependent on experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.