Site Reliability Engineer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for an experienced engineer who will be responsible for maintenance, deployment, and performance analysis for our Corporate liquidity products. Application support within a cloud environment (Azure/AWS, Windows, Linux, containerized hosted environments). Candidate must be highly motivated, a strong self-starter and an application engineer with innovative, proven problem-solving skills for complex multi-tiered applications. The individual will interface with the Development organization, Project Managers, Professional Services, Network, Security, & Server OS support teams. He/she must be able to work under stressful circumstances and maintain composure. Must possess strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Deployment of Quantum, Trax and surrounding products on new virtual servers.
- Work with engineers located in US and overseas
- Deploying and maintaining Treasury and payment applications in UAT & production, pre-prod and test and performance environments
- Open technical cases with hardware & software vendors to resolve problems
- Analytical problem-solving skills for complex multi-tiered applications
- Ability to troubleshoot in-house as well as 3rd party applications including Citrix components
- Broad technology knowledge with automation software tools to build automation and orchestration around product deployment, auto-failover, and application recovery
- Diagnostic work to get to root cause of any issues
- Advanced Performance tuning and problem investigation.
- Providing feedback to Development on needed improvements on serviceability
- Willingness to participate in non-standard working-time models to include Monday - Friday 24 hours/day, Weekends 24 hours/day
- 5+ years Windows experience and 2+ years Linux and Containers experience
- 2+ years SQL Server Database experience running basic queries to view tables and to work with DBAs to deploy database environment for clients.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, ability to work without direct supervision
- Financial Systems software experience
What you bring:
- Knowledge and experience with AWS/Azure Cloud Services and in-house enterprise Cloud environments
- Knowledge and experience with SQL Server Database technologies
- Knowledge and experience with RedHat Linux OS
- Knowledge and experience with IDP / SSO, WAF
- Experience with following products helpful:
- Jenkins and Ansible- Automation tool to deploy releases, patches etc.
- Resolve - Automation and Process Orchestration tool for auto-failover setup etc.
- REDIS, ActiveMQ, Docker Swarm or Kubernetes experience
- Thousand Eyes - URLs monitoring and synthetic transaction monitoring
- Dynatrace & Splunk - Application monitoring and Dashboard reporting on performance
- ITSM Tools like ServiceNOW
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Knowledge and experience with IIS, Apache Tomcat, Jboss
- Knowledge and experience with Windows security
- Knowledge and experience with load balanced applications prefer NetScaler
What we offer you:
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.