Site Reliability Engineer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The Reliability Engineering Team focusses on taking performance and stability of applications and underlying infrastructure to the next level. The team proactively identifies anti-patterns and automates remediation for recurring problems. It interacts with many global FIS teams on performance issue resolution. It also provides tooling and guidance on making performance an integral part of continuous integration & delivery process. The successful candidate will join the team whose main focus is to ensure that modern FIS products are performant and resilient. The candidate will enable adequate tooling and techniques to ensure resiliency of the platform , troubleshoot performance challenges and recommend corrective actions. This position will enable development teams to “Shift Left” on performance testing and avoid production impacts. The candidate will use this learning to contribute to best practices, as a part of continuous improvement process .
The Candidate will be responsible for design, code, test, implement, maintain and support applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards. The Performance engineer role is a specialization of programmer job. Understanding what makes applications stable and performant is the key. The job requires problem solving skills and using tools to support analysis. It does require perseverance to get to the root cause and identify bad patterns . it also requires suggesting remediation.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
• Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
• Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
• Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Proficiency in Java and SQL is required.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Good exposure of database performance tuning tools e.g. AWR, ADDM along with APM tools like Dynatrace is desired.
• Ability to tune SQL is desired.
• Experience with Kubernetes and/or Openshift or similar PaaS platforms with knowledge of container orchestration , pod design , debugging is desired.
•Basic understanding of performance tuning , throughput and response time is required.
• Experience with CI/CD and Jenkins is required.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.