Site Reliability Engineer at RingCentral (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. This is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
Cloud Operations team members ensure RingCentral maintains its most important ability—availability. Customers demand seamless performance 24/7, and you’ll lead the way with innovative solutions that keep users securely connected when and wherever they work.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
You will be responsible for maximizing system performance and availability by overseeing day to day operations of all data network elements, including equipment from the core elements and resolving escalated issues in support of a 24x7 Site Reliability Engineering Network Operations Center.
- Maintains operability of RingCentral system ensuring maximum availability and reliability.
- Coordinates and assists in the completion of scheduled system maintenance activities.
- Performs restoration procedures to prevent impending outages.
- Analyzes customer reports, network alarms, and output messages and resolves complex issues.
- Second level escalation point for the Site Reliability Engineering Network Operations Center and swiftly resolves issues through the use of proper internal controls and protocols.
- Investigates escalated alarm information down to root cause and performs necessary steps to complete repairs or dispatches appropriate personal for resolution.
- Initiates major outage communication technical bridges as required.
- Provides second level support, prepares training materials, and frequently provides training for the SRE Operations Analysts.
- Provides written statues updates to management regarding current projects.
- Publishes network utilization and other performance statistics on a monthly and as needed basis.
- Develops and maintains SRE Network Operations standard operation procedures, policies, and tools.
- Technical capacity and ability to troubleshoot, triage, and resolve problems related to hardware, software, or protocol issues.
- Works with a sense of urgency in high-pressure environment and the ability to effectively respond to active alerts and resolve issues during emergency situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, circumstances, and direction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently in a time sensitive work environment.
- Problem management skills with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate independent of direction, balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- The ability to effectively and professionally communicate with peers, escalation points, partners, and vendors, both verbally and in written communications.
- Project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proactive nature always striving for continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong desire to provide exceptional customer service.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Networking, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Prefer 5+ years’ experience working in a mission-critical, 24x7 Network Operations Center environment in a monitoring and troubleshooting role; experience working in telecommunications-engineering role is preferred.
- Previous military experience is a plus.
- Experience or understanding of SIP, SoftSwitch, IP, LINUX, VoIP, ticketing systems, process and procedures.
- Prefer 5+ years’ experience working with Internet Protocols.
- Experience maintaining Linux servers and/or Telnet/SSH in a production environment.
- Experience with a monitoring system such as HP OpenView, SolarWinds, BMC Truesight, or NET Cool is preferred; significant experience with cloud computing helpful.
- Experience or understanding of network tools including Sonus EMS, Empirix Hammer, Wireshark, Zabbix, LogicMonitor, Sumologic, Palladian is preferred.
- Related technical certifications are preferred such as: Juniper, Cisco, LINUX, and Windows Servers.
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
If you are hired in Colorado, the compensation range for this position is between $58,000 and $88,000 for full-time employees, in addition to eligibility for variable pay, equity, and benefits. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health and wellness, 401k, ESPP, vacation, parental leave, and more! The salary may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.