Site Reliability Engineer at Alchemer
Who You Are
You have Heart for Service
We provide extraordinary service to our customers, coworkers, and our community by going out of our way to appreciate and support them.
You are Curious
We create products that help our customers listen and be curious, and we ourselves are curious. We strive to understand our customers’ business problems and the solutions delivered with our software.
You Find a Way
We help our customers and employees succeed by finding solutions to their problems. We have a can-do attitude and we do what we say we will do.
Founded in 2006 Alchemer is an enterprise data collection, orchestration, and analytics platform that helps some of the biggest brands to deliver on their missions by enabling them to operationalization feedback by integrating critical data from their Customers (employee, users, patients, vendors, etc) into their key business systems through an easy to use, low code SaaS platform.
About the Job:
We’re looking for a seasoned Site Reliability Engineer to join our technology team. You’ll be responsible to help support 24x7 uptime and availability of production mission critical customer facing cloud services distributed across multiple regions. You’ll help to create more consistent, automated push button environments across all tiers, proactively test and tune all aspects of the infrastructure, streamline CI/CD processes, monitor and respond to system notifications and alerts and continually work to optimize and improve the performance, security and reliability of our systems.
You have a strong mix of engineering, system administration and automation skills. You love improving and streamlining systems and processes and making things highly secure, scalable and repeatable. You’re a stickler for good architecture and design patterns and are passionate about AWS services and DevOps frameworks.
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Serve on a DevOps team that is responsible for developing and automating cloud operations
- Create automation to support key development pipelines, process and infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with the Software Engineering team to design, develop, test, and deploy software releases and new infrastructure components
- Develop, monitor, and maintain scaleable production systems
- Write documentation on common procedures and troubleshooting paths
- Assist with on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 availability
- Proactively identify and address reliability issues so that on-call rotation is quiet and doesn’t interrupt your sleep and life outside of work
- Provide internal support to our Customer Service team to debug production issues, including pulling logs, reproducing problems, automating solutions, and following up to ensure problems are fully resolved
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Positive can-do attitude to fit in with our team
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve how things are today
- Ability to design and deliver stable technology solutions that meet the needs and objectives of the business
- Hands-on experience with DevOps and SRE practices
- 3+ years of experience managing Linux-based production SaaS environments
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, VPC, RDS, Cloudfront, S3, EKS
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting high-volume web applications using tools such as Nagios, Puppet, ELK, Terraform as well as AWS native tools
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Fluent in Linux command line system administration such as Bash, VIM, SSH
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Relevant certifications, SQL database knowledge
Compensation for this position includes an annual base salary of $85,000 to $140,000, and participation in the Founder’s Pool program.
Alchemer provides a rich benefits package that includes health and disability coverages, an incredible 401(k) option that includes a per-payroll match and immediate vesting, unlimited paid time off and eleven paid company holidays.
Alchemer is taking applications for this position from candidates who are legally authorized to work in the US and do not require now, or in the future, immigration sponsorship for work authorization.