Site Reliability Engineer
Brandfolder is on a mission to make managing your digital assets a seamless process. We aim to deliver the world’s most powerfully simple platform for storing, sharing and showcasing assets. The people at Brandfolder drive our success, and we need people who push the boundaries and will push us forward. That is where YOU come in.
Our company culture is driven by a customer first mindset, fosters employee growth and development, and promotes building connections amongst teams. How do we do this? By building a world class product and creating an environment that values autonomy, flexibility and the opportunity for employees to be themselves.
Do you want a role where your contributions directly affect the success of the company? Do you want to take the next step to a place that will push you to grow in your career? If so, we’d love to have you aboard. We have a team of curious, eager, and humble individuals who rally together both within and outside the confines of the office and aim to expand and evolve.Job Description
Brandfolder is looking for a talented and motivated Site Reliability Engineer to work on the SRE team focused on monitoring and observability, system SLOs, and staying ahead of scaling needs. We are a leader in Digital Asset Management with the most recognizable brands in the world, such as TripAdvisor and Slack. At our core, Brandfolder is brand-focused, crafts simple and intuitive experiences, and builds elegant and scalable solutions.
As an SRE you will spend time as an operator and infrastructure creator as well as a skilled software artisan who can foster and apply sound engineering practices. Product engineering teams will rely on you to enable their projects with infrastructure and code-level input and we will lean on you to uphold sufficient observability and maintainability deliverables. We work with a cloud-native mentality within GCP, leveraging the best tool for the job and our relationship with Google Cloud (https://cloud.google.com/customers/brandfolder/). The team functions in Python, Ruby, Go, terraform, etc. and you are excited to dig into code with the team. You will help our team grow our application/architecture footprint sustainably for both scale and uptime goals.
Do you want a role where your contributions directly affect the success of the company? Our team is passionate, curious, eager, humbled, and experienced. We believe in having fun, both inside and outside of the office, and being flexible to expand and evolve our culture as our team grows. We embrace that each interaction and opportunity for feedback helps us grow individually and collectively.
What you’ll do
- Join a collaborative team tackling great technical challenges
- Enable and empower team members to deliver great features and services
- Lead by example with software architecture, design, testing, and monitoring
- Deploy changes daily and facilitate deployment of new services
- Bring disruptive features to fruition by building upon our foundation of data and analytics
- Become an integral contributor to the direction of the product and the team
- Keep our system maintainable through modern tooling, infrastructure as code, and SRE best-practices
What you’ll need
- 5+ years software development experience
- Positive attitude and the adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort in a large array of languages
- Awareness of where code executes and how it performs
- CI/CD-driven development mentality
- Excitement for deployable containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Strong knack for picking up new tools and technologies, continuously learning
- The drive to take initiative and own high-impact projects from day one
- History of leveraging monitoring and observability within production services
Bonus Points for
- Experience with terraform, CircleCI, gcloud cli
- Fluency in monitoring tooling options: logging, infrastructure metrics, application telemetry, APM, and service-level objectives
- Perspective on microservice architectures with a monolithic core
- Excitement for modern data architecture and the world of machine learning
- Previous work experience in a startup-like environment
- Growth mindset and passion for learning
- Ability to elevate those around you
- Exposure to the world’s most powerful brands
- Generous paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance, 100% paid by Brandfolder
- Great office location in RiNo, bike and light rail friendly
- Company events and happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
Headquartered in Denver’s RiNo neighborhood, Brandfolder is an enterprise digital asset management (DAM) platform that enables businesses to organize, discover, distribute, and measure brand engagement. Loved by global brands including Under Armour, New Belgium, Slack, and jetBlue.
Brandfolder is an equal opportunity employer; we are focused on creating an inclusive environment and believe that diversity of all types is essential to our success. We encourage all to apply, and will choose you on the basis of qualifications and merit.