Site Reliability Engineer at Peaksware
As a team member at TrainingPeaks, you build software that helps our athletes and coaches achieve their goals, including gold medalist Olympians, Tour de France teams, and IRONMAN® World Champions.
We are seeking a highly experienced, skilled, and driven Site Reliability Engineer with a strong understanding of the CI/CD lifecycle, cloud native technology, and legacy software systems. You have likely been an application Software Engineer in the past and have gained a deep understanding of infrastructure and operations, or have been a Systems Administrator with a decade plus of experience across technologies who has spent the last few years learning modern automation and cloud native infrastructure skills.
You must enjoy working alongside product managers, systems architects and software engineers to maintain and improve a highly-scalable consumer SaaS & Marketplace platform. Our entire stack is hosted in Amazon’s AWS using a mix of traditional EC2 and cloud native services (Lambda, SQS/SNS, Fargate, CodeDeploy/CodePipeline).
You must be able to troubleshoot production issues, implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines), collaborate with team members to improve the existing and develop new engineering tools, optimize company’s computing architecture, manage cloud infrastructure costs, and design and conduct security, performance, and availability tests.
This is a highly accountable role and the candidate must meet the following expectations:
- First and foremost, significant experience running a production system at a level of scale, with a number of modern distributed systems technologies.
- Accountable for developing deployment strategies and build configuration management (CI/CD pipelines - design & implementation)
- Work closely with the architecture, product development and services teams
- Continuously engaging project teams to deliver quality products.
- Develop and maintain scripts for continuous delivery
- Deploying and updating system and application software
- Communication - Ensures regular, effective communication happens with team members and cross-functional resources.
- Experience with and understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies, in particular Product Development Flow and concepts such as Cycle Time, Wait Queues, etc.
- Proven critical thinking and decision-making abilities at the system level
Technologies, Skills, Qualifications
- 5+ years of proven experience working in a DevOps environment and continuous integration/deployment pipelines (Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild/CodeDeploy)
- 5+ years of proven experience working in Cloud environments: AWS (preferred),
- Experience with Configuration Management platforms such as AWS CloudFormation
- Experience in scripting or programming languages (Bash, Python, PHP, Perl,,, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience with Docker and Container Orchestration technologies
- Experience in monitoring tools like (Splunk, ELK, Application monitoring, etc.)
- Solid understanding of networking and security best practices
- Expert level understanding and implementation of microservices architecture
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location (with a few remote days possible)
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.