Site Reliability Engineer at Peaksware
🔗 Website: https://www.trainingpeaks.com
📍 Location: Boulder, CO
As of Friday, March 13, 2020, Peaksware/TrainingPeaks employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote onboarding to the best of our ability. An in-person meeting at the office may be required to provide equipment and/or VPN access to enable remote work, or a delayed start may occur depending upon government orders and regulations at the time.
At TrainingPeaks, we are passionate about helping our customers train the right way and achieve their fitness goals. TrainingPeaks creates smart and effective endurance training solutions. Some of our more widely known partners include USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, British Cycling, British Triathlon, Triathlon Australia, Cycling Australia, US Rowing, and many more!
For our customers to achieve their goals it takes our own dedicated teams to continuously improve, build and deploy our cloud based software. Our cross functional teams take performance, reliability, security and engineering seriously using automated deployment pipelines, CI/CI, infrastructure as code, monitoring, and alerting built in to everything we do. We build tools, optimize, improve and replace systems all within a culture that promotes learning and blameless postmortems.
TrainingPeaks is a subsidiary of Peaksware Holdings.
What will I do?
- Bring your expertise and skills to help improve systems, infrastructure, automation, observability and monitoring
- Address problems of scale, refactor code, and be a decision-maker in a Lean-Agile environment
- Triage issues and strategically collaborate with internal teams for improvements
- Software, build, deployment, database updates and improvements
Our tech stack:
- Fully AWS based compute & native services (Lambda, SQS, Fargate, etc)
- SQL Server DB, ElasticSearch cluster, AWS S3, DynamoDb
- iOS (Swift, Objective-C), Android (Kotlin, Java), Dart/Flutter
- Tools: Targetprocess, GitHub, CodeBuild, CodePipeline
- CI/CD, TDD, automated testing
How will I make an impact?
- Our products are used all around the globe by hundreds of thousands of athletes and coaches, which creates unique and interesting challenges to solve
- You will work collaboratively across teams as an expert problem-solver, acting as an important source of guidance
- Bring your expertise in DevOps to help improve processes and expand upon current ones
- Experience with AWS Cloud or similar databases
- A passion for and experience with DevOps/Site Reliability philosophies
- Tools/languages: Experience with modern distributed systems technologies, CI/CD pipelines (TeamCity, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild/CodeDeploy), build config management (CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible), RDBMS, application monitoring (ELK, Splunk), microservice architecture patterns
- Proficiency in Python, Bash or other programming languages
- Communication/collaboration: You excel at keeping everyone on the same page, enjoy working alongside others to solve challenges, and strive to improve collaboration among teams
- Research & critical thinking: You effectively break down problems and search for effective solutions
- Experience as an endurance coach and/or athlete is a plus but not a requirement
- Solid understanding of networking and security best practices
- Understanding of microservices architectures
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company-paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- Additional coverage options, including accident, critical illness or hospital reimbursements
- Company-paid short and longterm disability coverage; paid leave for all new parents
- 401(k) 5% match
- Regular, complimentary financial planning with a professional advisor
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- Corporate discounts on top-brand gear, experiences, and travel
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Beautiful Northeast Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust; currently remote
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.