Site Reliability Engineer
Welltok is a data-driven, enterprise SaaS company that delivers the healthcare industry’s leading consumer activation platform. Welltok’s solutions empower leading health plans, employers, providers and public entities to connect consumers with personalized health improvement resources, making it easy and rewarding for consumers to complete actions that optimize their health and wellbeing.
Welltok was named one of five healthcare companies on the Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 list, ranked #1 on the 2019 Tech Tribune’s Best Technology Startups in Colorado and #2 in Colorado on Deloitte’s 2017 Technology Fast 500.
At Welltok, we’re proud of what we’re accomplishing and are committed to building a company where smart, passionate people can thrive and succeed. Join us as we make healthcare more personal and rewarding!
Are you a Developer who scripts your cloud infrastructure? Are you in Ops, but write your own web apps? Welltok's Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a new member and you may be an excellent fit! Our team is focused on systematic improvement of Welltok’s consumer activation platform. As an SRE at Welltok, you will work closely with Cloud Ops, Database Administration, InfoSec, Software Development, and QA teams to deliver, maintain, secure, and optimize our systems and services.
Our team currently consists of individuals with the following qualities:
- Self-motivated: identify problems and fix them, or task the appropriate team
- Self-directed: know your job and do it. No micromanagement, but we do have platform deliverables.
- Self-learning: learning is fun. No one knows it all, and we learn from each other as well as from private research. We make a habit of learning every day, even if it is just awareness-level knowledge.
As an SRE:
- Quickly and methodically identify and solve problems.
- Employ best practices as habit.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge with our core technologies.
- Automate and optimize.
- Educate others in new practices and services.
- Provide advice on architecture improvements.
- Respond to occasional off-hours production incidents.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 3-5 years professional software development or operations experience, or previous experience in an SRE role
- Intermediate Linux/Unix knowledge: you are comfortable at a command line prompt.
- Experienced with multiple programming languages: We currently use Ruby, NodeJS, and Java/Spring
- Nginx fronts most of our applications, with some on Tomcat as well.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra
- Performance improvements as science.
- AWS: We host everything in Amazon’s cloud.
- Docker: we are deploying Docker on Kubernetes.
- Monitoring – Configuring and interpreting New Relic, AWS CloudWatch, Splunk, Sentry, and adding hooks within code.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Messaging systems: We use RabbitMQ, but we value any knowledge in this space.
- Microservices: You know the pros and cons, and what is required for a good microservice architecture.
- Awesome to Have
- Deep knowledge of any of the above technologies
- Experience with Apache Spark and Cassandra
- Building and maintaining CI/CD workflows using Jenkins
- Experience with Splunk – the deeper, the better!
Welltok celebrates respects and supports diversity in the workplace. Welltok is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to considering all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.