Site Reliability Engineer at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Function: Data Center Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Mid-Level
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As an SRE at Xactly, you will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our complex systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate is passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product. They will also believe automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
Xactly's Data Center Operations team consists of diverse group of people located at various geographic location. It is truly a global team that is very enthusiastic about handling operations at Xactly.
THE SKILL SET:
- UNIX/Linux systems knowledge and/or administration background
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, storage, and code
- Understanding of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, etc
- Basic shell scripting skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2-3 years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration
- Knowledge in majority of the following: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and other related topics
- Production experience with Map-reduce, Hadoop, and Hive, JBoss, Tomcat
- Knowledge of load balancers such as HAProxy, Cisco ACE, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing)
- Ability to work well in a diverse, collaborative, and cross-functional team environment (SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.)
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
- Get to know about Xactly infrastructure
- Build relationships with Quality Engineering and Development team.
- Take part in the release process
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Have a strong understanding of infrastructure, release process and start troubleshooting in various areas.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth
- Take part in on-call rotation
- Be proactive and own various tickets and drive them to resolution.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Begin to contribute towards automating operational pieces.
- Drive some of the components of release management.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure platforms are designed with "operability" in mind
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Improve team's efforts on documentation.
- Take part in on-call rotation
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Be seen as a well-versed in automating few areas
- Begin to assist as a mentor, leader, or coach to other new members of the team
- Identify further personal education opportunities to increase
- Serve as the primary contact responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
- Obtain complete knowledge of our complex applications
- Take part in on-call rotation
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.