Site Reliability Engineer
Greater Denver Area
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problems in cyber security.
Why You Matter
You are obsessed with ensuring a complicated, mission critical system delivers great quality to the many businesses Red Canary defends against cyber threats. The Red Canary platform processes billions of raw events per day to identify patterns of cyber attacks and threats to our customers.
We are searching for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the Red Canary team and ensure our platform is available and performing well when most needed. As one of our first dedicated Site Reliability Engineers, you will be instrumental in ensuring Red Canary is a platform its customers can trust.
Who You Are
You are an experienced engineer who is:
- Motivated by intellectual curiosity, problem-solving, and skill acquisition
- Driven to be a subject matter expert on operational excellence, building and maintaining systems that are secure, resilient, scalable, and observable
- A master debugger and troubleshooter of complex systems and data pipelines
- Proficient at understanding complicated, large scale distributed systems, how they work, and how they fail under load
- Passionate about automating routine tasks quickly and efficiently
- Experienced in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, or Ruby
- Experienced in two or more of the following: Linux systems administration at scale using Puppet or similar; Kubernetes; the Amazon Web Services ecosystem.
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness, phone & internet, and discretionary stipends
Read Full Job Description