Site Reliability Engineer
Why Carbon Black
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join a growing company filled with people who are passionate about beating the world’s nastiest adversaries, Carbon Black is the place for you. We’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years because our teams are the best at keeping the world safe. Join us!
Why You Matter
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership, architecture and management of AWS infrastructure components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, tagging schemes, CloudFormation, etc.
- Deployment and management automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software
- Working with configuration management tools in both Windows and Linux - Cloudformation, Terraform, Salt, Ansible, Chef
- Ensuring cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements
- Architecture and implementation of cloud-based monitoring, alerting and reporting – Sensu, CloudWatch, StatusCake, ELK, Grafana
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with technical operations and software development
- Solid understanding/experience of containerization services such as Docker
- Working knowledge of open source tools such as Sensu, InfluxDB, Grafana, Logstash, Elasticsearch
- Solid understanding/experience of web services, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Solid understanding of backup/restore best practices
- Ability to manage using a preferred scripting language
- Solid understanding of SAN principles
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security Experience a plus