Site Reliability Engineer – Telephony at RingCentral
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral is a leading Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provider, offering an innovating suite of telephony, contact center, video conferencing, and collaboration products for enterprise, mid-size companies, and small businesses.
SRE Engineer contributes to the strategic objectives of the System Operations Division by providing telecommunication services and support. Employee in this position performs day to-day tasks for running of cloud based environment which consists of telephony servers, media servers, fax servers, SIP proxies, etc. SRE Engineer also investigates problems with applications and researches cloud based VoIP telecom solutions. SRE Engineer performs statistical analysis of data and participates in deployment procedures.
- Administrating, update and support unique component of our platform based on Linux and Windows OS, oriented on voice and fax telecommunication services for customers
- Participation in projects intended to improve infrastructure, integration of new systems and software
- Performing pre-production tests in Staging environments
- Deploying, configuring, and maintaining of voice and fax services, equipment and devices
- Responsibility for software and hardware capacity expansion
- Keeps a keen eye on the monitoring systems
- Solves any problems that arise in services
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar with 3+ years of experience at position of VoIP engineer
- Strong grasp of Computer Science, Math and Science
- Remote administration of servers, network devices
- Systems: Windows, Linux
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, VLAN, TCP/IP, VoIP, BGP, SIP, RTP, RTCP, T.38
- Scripting skills: Shell, Perl, Python, vbs, cmd, Ansible
- Willingness to learn cloud telephone technologies.
- Rotated 12-hour daily on-call systems support
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
- VoIP area and configuration VoIP equipment (Polycom, Cisco, Linksys, etc)
- All kind of Telco Proxy based on Kamailio
- SER/OpenSER/ Kamailio
- Monitoring of Distributed Systems
- C/C++, PL-SQL
- Experience working with Public Clouds like AWS (Amazon), GCP (Google)
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as One™ from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.