Site Reliability Engineer II at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
We are looking for a talented technologist to assure high availability and stability of our Vertafore products. The successful candidate must have a can-do attitude and competency in delivering innovative and practical solutions to achieve our technology and business objectives. This position reports up to the Development organization.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Subject Matter Expert on how the applications works, its underlying architecture, and data relationships.
· Address support escalations from Customer Support and IT Operations teams.
· Debug and correct application configurations, codes, database queries, and data to restore an incident.
· Collaborate with the product owner and product manager for any solutions that required non-operational development engagement.
· Peer review on code changes as required.
· Apply reverse engineering to troubleshoot on the issue.
· Automate support processes.
· Automate and maintain deployment pipelines.
· Deployment of hotfixes and ad hoc database changes to lower environments. Coordinate changes with IT Operations to production.
· Collaborate with IT Operations and development team to ensure proactive monitoring, high availability, and performance of products to achieve the best customer experience.
· Recommend and collaborate with others to innovate and implement solutions to optimize product and team performance.
· Take ownership of root cause analysis to resolve problems permanently.
· Create and maintain runbooks that outlined development support procedures.
· Participate or lead in assigned projects.
· Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical teams.
· Comply with standard processes and security policies when implementing solutions.
· Be on call as required to respond to the emergency escalation that engagement of development needed.
· Mentor others as required.
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or established professionals with relevant experience.
· 3+ years of similar working experience.
· Good grasp in Agile software development methodologies.
· Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft .NET frameworks.
· Exposure in writing database queries on SQL Server or equivalent database platforms.
· Coding and scripting skills such as programming using C#, PowerShell, Python, or other relevant languages.
· Experience in navigating on Linux environment is preferred.
· Candidate without Linux experience must demonstrate a keen interest and self-motivated to pick up new technology.
· A fast learner and comfortable with fast tempo environment.
· A problem solver and ability to simplify complex issues.
· Skilled in creating runbook for support processes.
· Have a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
· Great team player and ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Great interpersonal skills.
· Able to deliver the message effectively to a technical and non-technical audience.
· Able to comply with processes and procedures.
· Able to maintain professional composure in any situations.
· Exposure to ITIL framework highly desired.
· Flexible in working extended hours on occasions or as required.
· Exposure to the insurance industry is desired but not mandatory.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.