Site Reliability Engineer I at Vertafore
We are looking for a passionate technologist to assure high availability and stability of our Vertafore products. The successful candidate must have a can-do attitude and competency in delivering innovative and practical solutions to achieve our technology and business objectives. This position reports up to the Development organization.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Build knowledge on how the applications works, its underlying architecture, and data relationships.
· Address support escalations from Customer Support and IT Operations teams.
· Debug and correct application configurations, codes, database queries, and data to restore an incident.
· Collaborate with the product owner and product manager for any solutions that required non-operational development engagement.
· Apply reverse engineering to troubleshoot on the issue.
· Automate support processes.
· Automate and maintain deployment pipelines.
· Deployment of hotfixes and ad hoc database changes to lower environments. Coordinate changes with IT Operations to production.
· Collaborate with IT Operations and development team to ensure proactive monitoring, high availability, and performance of products to achieve the best customer experience.
· Take ownership of root cause analysis to resolve problems permanently.
· Create and maintain runbooks that outlined development support procedures.
· Collaborate with others to innovate and implement solutions to optimize product and team performance.
· Participate in projects as required.
· Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical teams.
· Comply with standard processes and security policies when implementing solutions.
· Be on call as required to respond to emergency escalation that required development engagement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or established professionals with relevant experience.
· Exposure to any Linux based platforms such as but not limited to CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Oracle Linux. Understanding of Kubernetes and RabbitMQ are highly desirable.
· Exposure to Microsoft Windows and Microsoft .NET frameworks.
· Exposure in writing database queries on SQL Server or equivalent database platforms.
· Coding and scripting skills such as programming using C#, PowerShell, Python, or other relevant languages.
· Basic knowledge to navigate on Linux environment is preferred.
· Candidate without Windows or Linux experience must demonstrate a keen interest and self-motivated to pick up new technology.
· A fast learner.
· A problem solver.
· Ability to document procedures.
· Able to meet deadlines.
· Able to work in a team and fast tempo environment.
· Good communication skills. Able to deliver the message effectively to a technical and non-technical audience.
· Able to comply with processes and procedures.
· Able to maintain professional composure in any situations.
· Flexible in working extended hours on occasions or as required.
· Exposure in the insurance industry is desired but not mandatory.
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.