Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
Love the challenge of putting together complex systems and seeing them work? We’re searching for a standout software and integration engineer who loves robot sensing challenges and wants to tie together a multi-modal sensor suite for a driverless trucking system.
Ideally, you'd have at least a good intro background integrating sensors and data flows for an autonomous ground vehicle through the full development lifecycle. Experience working on this type of effort for a commercial-scale robotics product would be a major plus.
The Sensor Integration Engineer -- Autonomous Vehicles will report to the head of computer vision and machine learning. This position plays an essential role in helping deliver a reliable, performant system for industrial automation and offers a very talented software engineer the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with one or more sensors including LIDAR, camera, RADAR, and ultrasonics
- Drive the full software development lifecycle of one or more sensors and integrate them onto an autonomous vehicle / robotic system
- Evaluate and verify sensor capabilities
- Develop and integrate hardware and/or software-level synchronization system
- Integrate and adapt vendor-provided drivers into codebase
- Debug hardware and software issues; work with sensor vendors to determine root causes and perform analyses
- Stay informed about new sensor drivers and lead the evaluation and updating process
- Assist and make suggestions about sensor placement to support reliable performance
- Stay up-to-date on multimodal autonomy sensors and provide recommendations for adoption
- Develop and execute intrinsic and extrinsic sensor calibration procedures
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field
- Professional experience with either cameras, LIDAR, RADAR, or ultrasonic sensors
- At least two years of professional C++ experience
- Ability to test, and integrate sensor drivers on linux
- Expertise with some of the following: GMSL/FPDLink, BroadR-Reach, CAN, UDP/TCP
- Experience with autonomy sensors at a low level
- Understanding of Git or another version control system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
- Demonstrable skill writing and debugging Python
- RTOS experience
- Familiarity with ROS
- Experience with the NVIDIA Drive platform
- Background in developing safety-critical systems