*Boulder/Denver area candidates preferred, but remote will be considered for good fit applicants!
We have thrived for five years by being a scrappy, driven, and fast-paced organization by hiring hungry, compassionate, happy and smart people who want to see us succeed.
Our growing 25-person organization off Pearl Street in Boulder is driven, collaborative, helpful, kind and employee-first. We value work-life balance while understanding that delivering world-class software products for our clients is at our core.
People love to work here and we are proud of that. We regularly meet to ensure that your personal and professional goals are met and that you have fun here too. We have a generous benefits package including full health coverage for employees, monthly stipends to be used on ski-passes or the gym and no shortage of snacks and outings together.
We’re just getting started.
Backbone is a next generation workflow platform streamlining the complex manufacturing, design, and product development process for consumer goods companies. Backbone’s all-in-one product development application increases productivity, reduces error, enhances communication, and helps get products from concept to market faster.
We have grown 300% year over year with clients like Warby Parker and allBirds, for the past few years. We have a healthy runway, incredible investors, and happy customers. Come join us!
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who is capable of full stack development but with a strong emphasis on backend and infrastructure.
Ideally, you’ve built entire products from the ground-up, including setting up and maintaining their production operating environments as they scaled to serve thousands of daily users or more.
You’re a fast learner and also an enthusiastic teacher. You level up those around you by being a willing mentor, and you recognize that engineering excellence is a team sport. You understand that all technical choices have trade-offs, and you’re willing to explore all sides of a debate. You can self-direct and self-manage your work while also demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills throughout the process.
This is a unique opportunity to own & help lead our backend scaling efforts, from architecture and data models to infrastructure and devops.
Backend coding experience:
- API design
- Data modeling, and database systems, especially Mongo, but SQL helpful
- Cross-cutting concerns such as authentication, authorization, caching, error handling, background jobs, logging
- Automated testing, including unit & integration/E2E tests
- Secure coding practices (OWASP Top 10)
- CI & CD, including automated test environments, deployments, rollback, etc.
- Secure infrastructure, including hardening of virtual machines, network and other control layers
- Excellence in operational monitoring, logging and alerting
- Strong fundamentals in HTTP, REST, and Linux
Nice to have, but you will also get the opportunity to learn/grow these skills on the job:
- Configuration management frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet, or Ansible) and/or infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with AWS cloud services, especially those supporting web-based Saas (S3, Lambda, EC2, ECS, IAM, etc.)
- Experience with Convox or similar PaaS
- Experience with Elastic stack
Technical stack: Strong overlap in this stack is desired, but suitable substitutions may be considered: