Rachio is seeking a Senior Web Engineer to lead the iterative development of our direct to consumer e-commerce website, partner with the Consumer team to continuously improve the customer experience, and efficiently deliver business value through technical implementation. You will be focused on Rachio’s highest priority web development needs, including: implementing key optimizations to our user funnel, designing technological solutions to stated business needs, troubleshooting problems on a variety of platforms and tools, and more. Through participation in meaningful collaboration with the Consumer team, you will be able to develop insights-driven technical solutions to complex e-commerce challenges.
Our website is Rachio’s largest public-facing asset and most powerful brand property. As such, it is the key to our growth. In this role, you will see the direct impact of your work on key performance indicators and ultimately Rachio’s success. You will work with a range of existing systems, as well as assist in developing new applications to optimize the customer experience. This role will manage & mentor one direct report, and will report to the Director of Engineering while collaborating closely with key stakeholders across the company.
Rachio’s mission is to make sustainable water use effortless and personally rewarding for our customers. Through our integrated approach to efficient watering and sustainability - combining our industry-leading smart sprinkler controller with natural soil treatments - we aim to revolutionize yard care.Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Consumer Design team to continuously build best in class web experience
- Work closely with the Senior D2C Channel Manager to analyze business needs and design technological solutions for short-term SLA and long-term projects
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities with the help of the Junior Web Engineer
- Represent the Agile web development team during team meetings
- Troubleshoot development and production problems on a variety of platforms including rachio.com and various subdomains (pro, blog, etc.)
- Develop and manage highly optimized user web experience, including educational marketing content flow and e-commerce purchase funnel in partnership with the Senior D2C Channel Manager
- Create and maintain technical documentation that outlines architecture, maintenance details, and context in a way that ensures key tracking initiatives are not disturbed
- Secure PII, financial data, and company data
- 5+ years of experience building mobile-first web applications
- Experience with Shopify, Recharge or related e-commerce sales partners
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining a D2C subscription related retail shopping website
- Experience with modern web management tools such as Google Tag Manager and an ability to implement/maintain other API-based tools (Segment, Retention Science, etc.)
- Experience delivering software in a collaborative environment
- Experience with CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Experience securing PII and financial asset data
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts with both business stakeholders and engineers
- A dedication to quality control practices such as unit testing, functional testing, automated testing, code review, manual QA, and operational monitoring
- A demonstrated history managing & providing guidance to direct reports
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance -- premiums are 100% paid for employees and 60% paid for dependents
- Due to COVID-19, Rachio is currently fully remote. We are exploring our options for in-person engagement for 2021 and are open to this being a full-time remote position with some travel.
- 401(k) plan (not matching)
- Unlimited vacation
- Professional Development budget
- Work From Home stipend
- Relaxed dress code
- Please apply via our careers page
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Rachio is a mission-based startup striving to make sustainable water use effortless and rewarding. A category leader within the smart home industry, our revolutionary smart sprinkler controllers, wireless flow meter and best-in-class app technology make it easy for homeowners to balance personal goals with efficient, transparent water use. With a passion for innovation, we are continuously innovating to develop products that homeowners love and solve meaningful problems with technology. Together, the Rachio community has saved *billions* of gallons of water - and counting.
We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.