Senior UX/UI Software Engineer at GHX
The Software Engineer IV will be responsible for the development and execution of solutions that support product and technology initiatives including general application development activities, such as unit testing, code review, code deployment and technical documentation. This role also collaborates with Product and Engineering teams to design solutions and enable new data capabilities.
- Lead and contribute to the UI application design and development effort of our Business Intelligence platform.
- Lead and provide hands-on new development as well as enhancement of existing data processes.
- Provide architectural guidance and development/build standards for the team.
- Promote collaboration through activities including design sessions, design reviews, and pair programming.
- Develop and maintain application solutions for the Business Intelligence platform.
- Analyze business requirements and work with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of, and support for, Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross-functional and offshore teams who have varying levels of technical experience.
- Proven engineering, problem solving, and analysis skills.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and lead others through change.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability and orientation.
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or any other quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of application development experience
- 5+ years working in an agile development environment.
- Experience delivering in a micro-service and event-based architecture.
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas including wikis, reports, and presentations.
- Experience in a Big Data environment
- Experience in a diverse set of Amazon Web Services including:
- API Gateway
- Aurora DB
- Angular 10 experience
- API development
- AWS certifications
- Experience with analytic application development
SQL query writing experience
- Machine Learning experience
Estimated Salary range for this position: $120,000- $150,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)