Senior UI Engineer
Greater Denver Area
As a Senior Engineer at Pie Insurance, you’ll be a member of one of the teams within engineering that are responsible for delivering platforms and applications that are transforming the commercial insurance market.
How You'll Do It
Senior Engineers are innovative, driven by engineering excellence and create code that is a joy for other engineers to maintain and is highly testable. Rapid problem-solving is one of your core competencies. You’ll be collaborating with other world-class engineers to drive automation, leverage our analytics, and create awe-inspiring user experiences. The systems you develop will be large and must be highly resilient. This is a dynamic startup environment; you must love working on a design in the morning and performing root cause analysis on a production issue in the afternoon.
Whether it's Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected: we need you to be a strong communicator and a doer. We are a start-up so hands and minds are needed at peak efficiency.
The Right Stuff
- 6+ years of industrial strength engineering development and delivery of large scale systems that had rigorous systemic quality requirements and/or delightful user interfaces
- Have created software design and can make appropriate trade-offs
- Deep understanding of open source frameworks and tools to shorten development efforts
- Have worked extensively in an Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Have worked in CI/CD Environments
- Be a critical thinker, without over thinking
- Must be adaptable. We are a startup and you need to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or equivalent years of experience
- API Integration Experience
- Experience creating applications using responsive design
Working At Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
Pie Insurance provides workers’ compensation insurance directly to small businesses online. Offering A.M. Best A rated coverage, Pie leverages data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie. We began offering insurance policies in 2018 with a mission of helping small businesses experience true savings and an unmatched level of service.
A fast-growing insurtech startup, Pie has home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Our all-star team offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community.
Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description