Senior UI Engineer
As a Senior UI Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of Avero's Web and Mobile user interfaces. You will have the opportunity to shape the direction of Avero’s new suite of user interfaces. At a technical level, you will be able to use and influence the choice of cutting edge technologies to build high quality, maintainable code bases. At the product level, you will be able to participate in the end-to-end process of understanding customer use cases, designing new UI, building & optimizing interfaces for discoverable and intuitive workflows, and continuously delivering excellent web and mobile UI products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· End-to-end ownership of the development of Avero’s Web and Mobile UI products, from technical architecture and design to delivery
· Build and maintain a clear understanding of Avero’s customers and use cases
· Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
· Champion engineering and operational excellence, actively participating in the process of development and continuous improvement.
· Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members.
· Set standards, participate in code reviews, and define and refine your team’s process.
· Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability.
· Have a passionate drive for the mission of Avero.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· 3+ years of experience building excellent user interfaces, including a solid grasp of:
o Basic UX and design principles
o UI styling, structure, and performance
o Using meaningful animation to focus user attention and maintain visual context
o Web vs mobile interfaces, and how to build optimized user experiences for each platform and use-case.
· 3+ years of experience building and/or consuming network APIs - preferred REST or gRPC.
· Familiarity with large-scale, distributed systems and data processing.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.
WHAT WE USE:
· Git, jenkins, docker, AWS
· Java, gRPC, microservices architecture
· Typescript, react, react-native, redux, rxjs
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
· Competitive compensation, coupled with an emphasis on work/life balance.
· Comprehensive benefits coverage (including medical, dental, and vision insurance), an FSA for tax free healthcare/dependent care expenses, and 100% employer-covered disability & life insurance.
· A fun, dynamic office, including an open floor plan, an intellectually curious and passionate team, and a fully-stocked kitchen.
· Equity in the company – all employees have a stake in our growth.
· Opportunity to join a skilled, focused team, continuously working with and driving bleeding edge intelligence systems.
**Relocation assistance provided.**