Senior Test Technician - Vibration at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Senior Test Technician – Vibration
You will be responsible for conducting Vibration tests for state-of-the-art aerospace products. The candidate will be responsible for performing tests, capturing, and analyzing data and reviewing program provided test procedures to ensure customer requirements are met. These requirements will be compared to lab capabilities to identify gaps and collaborate to close them prior to arrival of the unit under test.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare and maintain required test logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- Work with internal and external customers and will be responsible for testing state of the art aerospace products, understanding test requirements, facility capabilities, equipment capabilities and fundamentals of vibration test operations.
- Work with a team of Test Engineers, Structural Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Hardware Quality Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians.
- Apply computer skills to access and input data via computer interface, automated equipment, or test equipment.
- Review and accurately interpret drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with higher level management, customers, and coworkers.
- Follow standard procedures, applies knowledge and skills to current, routine tasks.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 8 years of experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge.
- Ability to understand and operate shock and vibration testing equipment.
- Experience working with program critical hardware.
- Knowledge of metrology and utilization of calibrated equipment.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and vibration control systems preferred; must have willingness to learn.
- Workable knowledge of MS Office and desire knowledge of IDEAS, MATLAB, Agile and IFS.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute technical process specifications, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling, and fixtures.
- Willingness to get required company certifications.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $28.37 - $38.46 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.