Senior Technical Artist at IllFonic
IllFonic is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to help with the technical aspects of content creation and implementation. Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Golden, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, Crysis 3, and Nexuiz.
The role requires a technical mind that is adept at creating new pipelines, as well as refining pipelines that have already been established. In addition to supporting the team with shader material creation, performance enhancement and optimization, the candidate should also be well versed in tools creation. This role requires adhering to schedules and benefits greatly from strong communication skills. If this is you, please apply to this innovative game studio where you will help build visually compelling gameplay environments. Qualified applicants will need to send a portfolio of their work, complete a test, as well as interview both over the phone and in person in order to be considered. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.Responsibilities
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices.
- Work with the Art, Animation and Engineering teams to identify ways to increase efficiencies in production pipelines and identify risks or flaws in proposed and existing pipelines.
- Propose solutions and optimize content for memory and performance concerns on PC and Consoles.
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines
- Collaborate with the Art team to optimize workflows, authoring new tools as necessary.
- Be proactive. Develop and implement new ideas/solutions to problems as they arise.
- Assist in various areas of game art production to help assure the timely delivery of the product.
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Technical Artist
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of 6 years experience or 3 shipped titles
- Solid understanding of artist workflows and toolsets
- Working knowledge in C++ is preferred, along with Python / PySide and MEL with knowledge of 2D/3D art packages
- Familiar with UE4 blueprints or equivalent visual scripting
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Proactive and results orientated
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- A customer first mentality
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as its required
- A passion for games