Senior Systems Engineer at SpotX (now part of Magnite)
Join the SpotX team as a Senior Systems Engineer based in Denver, CO (Broomfield).
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households.
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for building, configuring, maintaining, and automating our 2000+ heterogenous, global infrastructure. We work with a breadth of tech; HDFS, Cassandra, Scylla, MySQL, Netapps, VMware, Puppet, Python, Salt, Ansible and MORE! We are a collaborative team, as a systems engineer II your technical design ideas would be encouraged. This role will mentor junior engineers, both in industry technology and in SpotX tech. This role will help architect and define paths for Systems.
- Systems works closely with Engineering to develop SpotX applications, this role would be expected to bring a systems influence to make sure our procedures and best practices are included in application design
- This role needs to have quick troubleshooting techniques; our fires are unique and require creative thinking
- Sr. Systems Engineer needs to be dedicated to following and developing change management strategies and procedures
- This role requires an on-call rotation, 72 hr/month, with a secondary as backup
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of Linux experience
- Extremely Strong Experience in Python and Bash scripting
- Extremely Strong experience in Red Hat Linux troubleshooting and tuning (4+ years database experience)
- Familiar with Cassandra, Hadoop, Druid, MySQL clusters
- Strong with network protocols NFS, DNS, SSH, LDAP etc
- Familiar with system and application monitoring. (Nagios, CheckMK, Grafana, Graylog)
- Strong understanding of basic networking, including Linux routing and firewalling VLANs, DHCP, etc
- Familiarity with distributed message queuing (Kafka, activeMQ)
- Able to Multi-task and context switch within a process driven environment
- Strong opinion about what constitutes a sandwich
Physical Demands: Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- This position is based in Broomfield, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and annual technical education stipend
- The base and compensation range for this role: $120,000 - $160,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 9 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, LG, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Samsung, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.