Senior System Engineer at Outrider (Greater Denver Area, CO)
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:27 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, October 14, 2021
Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
In this mission-critical role, you will have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software, and autonomous vehicle technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated ground robotics system. You will be responsible for defining safety concepts and their associated requirements, ensure adequate verification and validation plan in accordance with best in practice standards are created in support of Outriders mission of responsibility deploying automated vehicle systems for logistics yard. This position will require an interdisciplinary, engineering-based familiarity with vehicle engineering, robotics, computer science, and electrical hardware engineering. Exceptional problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills are a must.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead multi-functional teams to develop Hazard and Risk Analysis (HARA), Safety Concepts, FMEA, FTA, and other Functional Safety work products for the relevant systems
- Define and manage functional safety requirements for various vehicle subsystems according to industry standards and best practices, which satisfy product and performance requirements to achieve functional safety targets
- Lead all functional safety activities in collaboration with stakeholders, specifying safety requirements and safety concepts for the system, hardware, and software architectures
- Review and support in developing validation and verification plans for ensuring safety requirements are met
- Develop Functional Safety processes and tools tailored for Outrider’s product and development processes, support the implementation of these processes and tools for the whole organization
- Define and establish practices to achieve and maintain a continuous safety case
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to train, promote, and ensure functional safety requirements are being met throughout product development cycles, according to best in class and appropriate functional safety standards
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
- Master's Degree, or Bachelor's Degree in an engineering subject area such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of postgraduate work experience as a Functional Safety Engineer
- Strong systems engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of and experience using functional safety strands for the developing and fielding of complex systems (e.g ISO 13849, IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 25119)
- Proven track record of successes, e.g. having successfully led Functional Safety analyses of a system or product to make it safer
- Ability to articulate technical issues and solutions to all levels of the business, within and beyond the engineering communities
- Ability and mindset to learn new things and adapt established processes to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Drive to be an advocate for safety across all levels of hardware and software development
- Excellent written and verbal communications; ability to explain complex concepts to colleagues across disciplines.
- Understanding high-level safety implementation at a vehicle level but be able to transition to low-level architecture and how safety requirements are applied to low-level hardware and software
- Working with requirements tools such as DOORS, Polarion, R4J
- Develop functional and SOTIF safety requirements and roadmap for all vehicle and subsystem level safety requirements
- Experience with cybersecurity for automated vehicles
- ROS, Python, C or C++ experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $120,000 - $150,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
Read Full Job Description