Senior Support Engineer at CircleCI
As a Senior Support Engineer, you will provide first-class post-sales technical leadership to our client base. Support Engineers are the authority on the CircleCI platform, continuous integration, and deployment practices. As part of the Customer Engineering organization, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share knowledge and experiences, and act as the 'Voice of the Customer' to help drive improvements that will ensure our customers’ success with CircleCI.
You will be the main point of contact for technical questions and requests for assistance that our customers register in our support ticketing system. You will work with the rest of the Support team to build out and cultivate our support operations, and help to establish a creative and curious customer community. For this job you will need to have a strong technical capability along with a strong self-starting and dedicated mentality with the ability to maintain empathy for customers. This role requires participation in an on-call rotation and will be working standard EST hours.About Customer Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Customer Engineering Organization’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. Customer Engineering works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements — from onboarding to implementation to scale. We are comprised of Solutions Engineering (pre-sales), Success Engineering (post-sales for large accounts), and Support Engineering (post-sales ticket based support for all customers). There is an opportunity for both horizontal and vertical growth, and promotion within Customer Engineering and the CircleCI organization!What you’ll do:
- Work closely with your team and our customers to help them resolve tickets with a focus on CircleCI's Server product
- Mentor and coach others on effective troubleshooting and customer experience techniques
- Be creative and resourceful in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions
- Build standard methodologies for technical troubleshooting across different technologies
- Write and revise Knowledge Articles that contribute to our self-serve support portal
- Be the voice of the customer and use customer feedback to help our teams improve the product
- 4+ years of technical product support or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working directly with end-users to debug common errors
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role. GitHub experience especially important.
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly absorb and train others on new concepts and technologies
- Strong skills around various Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Debian, Alpine, etc.) and containerization/virtualization (Docker, VMs, Kubernetes) technologies. Bonus if you're also familiar with macOS and/or Windows.
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We don't oversell at CircleCI
- Strong ops/infrastructure knowledge, especially Linux, Networking, and Security troubleshooting.
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Exceptional written and oral interpersonal skills
- Experience in a SaaS organization and the partnership expected of customers in this model
- Ability to tackle networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Knowledge of iOS application testing and codesigning
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.