Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Senior Staff Engineer to help us bring fair background checks to the enterprise customers. You will help us shape a platform where Checkr features can be packaged into solutions for the Human Resource Information Systems space.
- Be an expert in Checkr features, guide feature teams on how to surface their work in public APIs
- Talk to customers to identify product enhancements and architect solutions using Checkr features
- Evaluate and use IPaaS/PaaS systems to enhance development experience for internal and external users of Checkr API
- Learn about Human Resource Information Systems and how they interact with Checkr
- Expose Checkr features in Human Resource Information Systems
- Help define and lead cross-functional initiatives
What you bring:
- Experience of building features for multi-tenant systems
- Familiarity with building and using different types of APIs, for example REST, SOAP, gRPC
- Expertise with object oriented programming languages, such Ruby, Java, or Python
- Experience with microservices, infrastructure services (Publish-subscribe systems, API Gateways, RPC frameworks, high-level testing strategies), or open source frameworks
- You understand how to build reliable distributed systems and can discuss tradeoffs in depth
- You are a strong communicator and can build agreement between groups of people with different levels of technical expertise
- You have built and deployed code on a SaaS platform
- Designed and implemented model/metadata driven multi-tenant systems
- Experience with IPaaS platform, for example MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, Dell Boomi
- Interested in building a SaaS platform with multi-vendor integrations
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent (PhD, MSc, or BSc)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.