Senior Staff Consultant - Chief Software Engineer, Office of the Chief Engineer at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Staff Consultant – Chief Software Engineer, Office of the Chief Engineer
The Office of the Chief Engineer (OCE) fosters technical excellence and provides cross-functional continuity, in addition to leading Ball Aerospace initiatives to improve the company and prepare us for the future. The Chief Software Engineer will provide the highest level of technical leadership for software engineers across the Ball Aerospace enterprise. The position requires recognized expertise in the field as well as an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, resourcefulness, and flexibility.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement a strategic enterprise-wide approach to software development, including initiatives that ensure long-term continued software development excellence.
- Build/maintain strong and productive relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization to deeply understand needs and impacts and to build enterprise-wide advocacy for implementations.
- Be aware of the state of the art inside and outside of Ball Aerospace to inform strategies and decisions. Develop relationships with external stakeholders and expert forums, internal pursuit leads, and internal senior scientists/engineers in developing and delivering technical leadership and solutions leading to significant business benefit.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, training, and technical review for software engineers across Ball.
- Proactively seek to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs across the product landscape.
- Create and maintain process and best-practices that cross functional boundaries for software development.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers/management/customers.
- Exhibit the tenets of Ball Aerospace’s leadership model of Inspire, Connect, Achieve. In particular, this position will require Breaking Down Barriers, Working for the Greater Good, and Adaptive Change.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 20 or more years related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Software Engineering is preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Achievement of technical distinction in the software engineering field.
- Current Top Secret security clearance with SSBI.
- Extensive knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer and industry community.
- Demonstrated experience with innovation and organizational change.
- Superb presentation skills with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.